Welcome to Indian Festivals Blog of How to Port Vodafone to Jio online at home ?
The advent of Jio in the network provider space a few years back has intensified the competition among various networks. It is attracting a large number of customers to Jio domains from other popular networks by announcing some highly attractive rates, tariffs and free offers. If you are a Vodafone customer who wants to port to Jio, follow these simple steps to do the porting.
What is porting?
Before porting to another network service provider, first you should know what porting is.
Porting is the process through which your existing number will be moved to the new network to which you are porting. So, you can continue using your same number under the new network.
About Reliance Jio : How To Port
Before porting to Jio, let’s tell you about some interesting facts about Jio.
Reliance Jio has already emerged as one of the largest telecom operators in India with 4G VoLTE connectivity across the country. The operator sells competitive prepaid and postpaid plans to attract its customers. In addition to this, it also offers benefits including Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and complimentary subscription to Jio apps. And Jio also offers benefits such as packs for in-flight connectivity and long-validity packs exclusively for prepaid customers.
Porting to Jio
Jio allows you to port your mobile number through its prepaid and postpaid services and through both online and offline channels. You must keep your original address and identity proof. Proof can be your driving license or any other valid address and identity document. Like other operators, Jio offers doorstep delivery of new SIM cards, though you also have the option of visiting a nearby Jio store or Jio retailer with your mobile phone to get the porting done. You can also use the MyJio app on your phone to book delivery of a new SIM.
Step by step guide t:
In this article, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to port your existing mobile number to Jio prepaid or postpaid service. The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process takes up to 48 hours in case of an intra-circle port. However, if you are changing your telecom circle, it may take up to four days. The porting process is expected to take 15 days for customers from Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and North East India.
How to port from Vodafone to Jio offline?
1. To start the process of SIM porting from Vodafone to the Jio network, you need to first send an SMS to 1900 from the number you want to port. In the message box, type <PORT<space><your 10 digit mobile number>.
2. You will get an SMS from Vodafone network containing details like UPC code (Universal Product Code) and expiry details.
3. Drop-in at any Reliance Jio/Digital/DX Mini retail store near you. You need to carry your smartphone, UPC code and Jio coupon code.
4. The staff at the store will ask you to provide proof of address and proof of identity. You can submit any accepted document for this. You will also be asked to provide your passport size photograph.
5. Now your Jio connection will be activated on the store.
6. If you are a Vodafone postpaid customer, you must ensure to clear all dues with Vodafone before starting the porting process.
7. Once these steps are completed, the process of porting from Vodafone to Jio will be done in around 7 working days. Till then you can continue using your Vodafone number without any interruption.
How to port from Vodafone to Jio online?
To port your Vodafone SIM number to Reliance Jio, you need to send an SMS for porting. Send “PORT<10 digit mobile number>” to 1900.
Step 1: Download MyJio app
To port your mobile number to Jio online, first download the MyJio app on your smartphone from Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
Step 2: Open Jio App and Go to Porting Option
As soon as you open the app, click on the button below “Not a Jio user?” it is said.
Step 3. Select Port-in to Jio
Now another option will come where you have to choose between “Port-in to Jio” or “Get Jio SIM”.
Step 4. Enter your details and confirm OTP
When you tap on the Port-in to Jio button, another page opens where you have to enter your full name and mobile number and generate OTP. After providing your details, verify your details with a One Time Password which will be sent from Jio to your mobile number.
Step 5. Select Existing Number (MNP) Option
After verification, you will be asked to choose between “New Number” or “Existing Number (MNP)”.
Step 6. Choose between Prepaid or Postpaid SIM
Once you tap on the Existing Number (MNP) option, you will be asked to choose between prepaid or postpaid.
Step 7. Select your initial Jio plan
It is mandatory to choose a Jio plan while porting to Jio SIM from another network. You can also change your plan while depositing your SIM.
Step 8. Confirm your home delivery address
At the end enter your full address carefully. You will get your Jio SIM at your doorstep for free.
Summary: How to Port Vodafone to Jio?
1. Porting is the process of changing your existing number to the ported network.
2. About Reliance Jio.
3. Porting to Jio.
4. How to port from Vodafone to Jio offline?
a. Send an SMS to 1900.
b. You will get an SMS from the Vodafone network with UPC code.
c. Go to the nearest Reliance store with proof of address, proof of identity, smartphone, and passport size photograph.
d. Jio connection will be activated in the store.
e. Ensure to clear all dues with Vodafone before starting the porting process.
f. The process of porting from Vodafone to Jio will be done in around 7 working days.
5. How to port from Vodafone to Jio online?
a. Send “PORT<10 digit mobile number>” to 1900.
b. Download MyJio app.
c. Open the Jio App and Go to Porting Option.
d. click on the button below “Not a Jio user?”.
e. Select Port-in to Jio.
f. Enter your details and confirm OTP.
g. Select Existing Number (MNP) Option.
h. Choose between Prepaid or Postpaid SIM.
i. Select your initial Jio plan.
j. Confirm your home delivery address.
k. You will get your Jio SIM at your doorstep for free.